We understand that this is a difficult and uncertain time for everyone in our community. Our Executive team are monitoring government and Health Department announcements as well as Department of Education decisions.The situation is changing daily and information is being updated frequently. Many events and activities are already cancelled or postponed and the potential for a full closure of the School is possible.
Any updates issued by the School will be posted here to act as a central hub for information. Parents and guardians will also receive notifications via the mobile app as this is the quickest form of school communication, particularly if the updates are being sent remotely. If parents do not have the mobile app we would strongly suggest you now have this installed on your phone using the instructions below.
The Skoolbag App is available for both Apple and Android devices. The App is free and simple to install. The app has been upgraded in the last 12 months so if your icon is still the school crest you do not have the latest version and you will need to reinstall.
Once you have downloaded the Skoolbag app from either the App Store or Google Play Store, simply search our school name ‘Lakes Grammar’.
Once installed you will need to create an account with a username and password. Then click on the Lakes Grammar logo in the top navigation bar and choose Groups then add/remove groups that you wish to receive notifications for.
If you have the app installed but you have not been receiving notifications, check in the Groups tab via the logo in the navigation bar to make sure you have the relevant Year Groups added that you belong to.
As well as receiving notifications you can also send an Absentee Note under Parent e-forms. To ensure you receive an alert when new notifications are sent, please ensure you have notifications turned on for the Skoolbag app in your phone settings.
CLICK HERE for online learning portal
Years 7 - 10 Assessment Tasks
All formal assessment tasks for Years 7 - 10 set for the remainder of this term have been postponed to Term 2. We are still working on the most suitable way to conduct these assessments in an online environment.
Uniform arrangements for Friday
Due to the cancellation of Cross Country, students are to wear normal school uniform on Friday, 20 March.
• Parent-Teacher interviews – please email your child’s teachers if you would like an update on their progress
• Assemblies and Chapel services, including Term Awards Assemblies and SRC badge presentation with David Harris
• Grandparents’ Day and Easter Chapel services
• All excursions – except Year 3 Porter’s Creek Wetland - as that is on the property next to the school
• Year 7 swimming program
• Athletics Carnivals
• PlayCrew (our playgroup that operates in the hall on Tuesday mornings)
• ANZAC Day assembly in Week 1 next term
• ANZAC Day march and service – the RSL has cancelled these
• HRIS, AICES and CIS carnivals this term have been cancelled by those organisations
• Year 7 Camp and potentially camps scheduled for next term
• Junior School banking
• All choirs and bands including Year 1, Year 2, 3-4 and 5-6 choir, as well as the Training and Concert Band
• Peripatetic music tuition at school, however, many tutors are arranging an alternative online until they can resume face-to-face tutoring. Please direct an queries to Nathan Feps (Junior School) or Sylvia Gallen (Senior School)
• Netball club training
• Second Hand Uniform Shop - closed until further notice
• NAPLAN 2020 - Years 3, 5, 7 and 9
• Drama Club
• Uniform Shop - online only from Friday 27 March until further notice
• School photos