YEAR 7 2022 SCHOLARSHIP TESTING
Lakes Grammar - An Anglican School is pleased to announce the availability of a limited number of Academic Scholarships for entry to Year 7 in 2022. The purpose of the scholarships is to encourage and attract students who have demonstrated academic excellence AND have been constructive members of their school community.
Scholarship selection will be based on the results of academic testing. However, after ranking candidates on the basis of scholarship testing results, some or all of the following criteria will also be taken into account in determining the scholarship offers:
- record of conduct at school;
- leadership and community service;
- contribution to current school;
- sporting achievements; and
- contribution to the Arts.
The scholarship will provide a 50% reduction in the tuition fee only from Year 7 – 10. Discounts do not apply to the Education Service Levy, uniform, textbooks or extra-curricular activities.
Applying for a scholarship
The scholarship test
Date: The scholarship test will be held on Saturday, 8 May 2021 at Lakes Grammar - An Anglican School. Please go to reception in the Senior School. The test will be completed online in a computer room (to be advised when you arrive at reception).
Time: Arrive by 8.45am for a 9.00am start. Allow about 2 hours 30 minutes for the testing. If parents arrive back at the school by 11.45am the testing should be over or almost so.
How to register for the test:
Closing date for registration is 3 May 2021.
Cost: $82.50 (this is the charge by Edutest)
How to pay: pay online at time of registration
There are four, 30 minute multiple choice tests completed online and one 15 minute writing test handwritten. The tests are:
You can learn more about the tests by going to www.edutest.com.au and click on the “Parents and Students” tab.
Applicants will also be required to:
- Submit an Application for Enrolment at Lakes Grammar - An Anglican School (unless one has been submitted already or the student is a current Lakes Grammar student). This application must be received before the test date;
- Prepare a portfolio detailing their achievements to The format listed below should be followed carefully. Candidates short-listed after the testing results have been received will be required to attend an interview with the Principal.
The format for the portfolio should be as follows:
- A written outline of why the parent (or student) wishes their child to attend Lakes Grammar as a scholarship student
- Copies of any awards, references, external examination results (including NAPLAN and any academic competitions) and evidence of involvement in the life of their current school
- School reports for the end of 2019
- A list of other areas of interest, eg. hobbies, sports, leisure activities.
- Any other information that the candidate believes would support the application
- A photograph of the student (unless a current student).
Terms and Conditions:
- scholarships will be awarded based on performance in the scholarship testing, consideration of the other selection criteria listed above and an interview;
- an invitation to attend an interview will not necessarily mean a scholarship will be offered;
- results of scholarship selection are confidential and will not be released by the school;
- following the interview process, offers will be made in writing by the Principal;
- acceptance of an offer will require payment of an enrolment deposit ($1,000) if the student does not already attend the School;
- acceptance and payment of these fees will be required by the due date or the offer will be withdrawn;
- scholarships will be awarded on the understanding that the student will maintain high standards of achievement, participate to the best of their ability in school activities and adhere to the school policies and rules;
- scholarships will be available for Years 7 to 10 and may be withdrawn if expectations are not being met;
- The selection decisions of the Principal are final and no discussion will be entered into.
Closing date for applications
Please submit your portfolio by 7 May 2021.
We look forward to receiving your application for a scholarship in the near future. Enquiries may be directed this term to our Acting Registrar, Tracey McKenzie and in Term 2 or to Racquel Jolly from Term 3 by calling the school or emailing email@example.com.